Dear Bridges Domestic Violence Center Friends and Supporters:
June was our fiscal end-of-year. At this time of year, we allocate funds and closely examine where our finances will go, how they will help people, and where we can improve what we do in the coming year.
It’s also a time when we say a huge “Thank you!” to all our generous donors, sponsors, and volunteers. Without each and every one of you, we could not do what we do to help the victims of domestic violence.
What Are Some Of The Vital Services Bridges Domestic Violence Center Offer To Domestic Violence Victims?
As a sponsor, volunteer, or donor, you may already be aware of some of the vital services we provide to victims of domestic violence, but there may be a few you have yet to explore! You may also be interested in learning more if you have just learned about us.
Here are just a few of the ways we support victims:
- Crisis Intervention. Our 24-hour crisis hotline (615-599-5777) provides a judgment-free space to assess and assist in emergencies. Our crisis intervention team understands that each person’s immediate needs are different and makes every attempt to meet those individual needs in a timely and supportive manner. Our Crisis Intervention team responds upon request, alongside our local law enforcement, at the scene of the assault. The victim will receive immediate intervention and options for the following steps to move forward.
- Support Groups. Our domestic violence support groups give a safe and caring environment for victims and survivors of abusive relationships. These groups provide an encouraging space for healing and personal growth so no one has to face their trauma alone.
- Child Advocacy. The safety and well-being of children exposed to domestic violence are among our top priorities at Bridges Domestic Violence Center. Our children’s advocates are trained to ensure each child receives the age-appropriate support, care, and counsel they need through this extremely difficult and delicate time.
How Can I Help Bridges Domestic Violence Center Serve Victims In The Coming Fiscal Year?
If your heart breaks for those who are being abused and you want to get involved, there are many ways you can help us support those in need.
- Attend An Event. We put the “fun” in fundraisers through various exciting events each year, such as our Jokers and Jackpots Annual Gala and Bridges Annual Golf Scramble! These events are integral to funding our vital domestic violence programs and services. Check out our upcoming events!
- Volunteer. Bridges Domestic Violence Center can make an incredible difference in the lives of those suffering from domestic abuse because of our generous volunteers and donors. Are you interested in volunteering? Just fill out our Volunteer Application and email it to email@example.com.
- Donate. Our efforts are focused on successful outcomes for all domestic violence victims and survivors who reach out to us for help. Through our programs and services, many survivors successfully started budgeting and found affordable housing to lead a self-sufficient life. If you feel called to join us in helping families and individuals on their journey to safety and independence, here are some ways to help.
We want to give a HUGE shout-out to all our partners, supporters, donors, and volunteers. Thank you for sharing your time, finances, and yourselves to help those in need. Together, we can make Nashville a better place!
The Bridges Domestic Violence Center team!
We are a member agency of United Way of Greater Nashville.